YASHRG AND FLICKR

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Closest thing to bhel I've made in a long time

May 5th 2009:
I had a pack of sev left from when I last went shopping in the no-frills in missisauga. It absolutely sucks that the no-frills close to my house in Etobicoke doesn't stock a lot of things.

Since I was hungry in the afternoon at a time that was beyond lunch time and not yet dinner time.. I decided to make some chatpata snack. And I realized I had onions that I hadn't used, some green and imli (tamarind)chutney that I got from the US. "Wow this would be fun!" I thought to myself.

Doni happened to be in the kitchen and took the pack of haldirams bujia sev and tasted some. "What is this?" he goes. And then eats some more of it. "What are you making?" *Chomp!*

Surprising how much he likes random indian food and snacks. Papad, he loves to eat. Khakhra-he pretty much finished my last pack all by himself. And now this. After I was done mixing all these ingredients, he loved it even more. Still he says, "it's more like 'aww what is this? it's so bad! Oh gimme more.. OM NOM NOM NOM eww so bad.. OM NOM NOM"

haha. Now I want to make proper bhel with sprouts and everything. I can't wait to go to an indian grocery store again.

No comments:

More cool ways to browse my gallery

View it in a zingy fire style

My Presentation or a classy black filmstrip format. My Presentation